Michelle Joshua, Ph.D., CC-AASP
Telephone: 919.676.9699 ext. 5
Visit my website: www.DrMJoshua.com
Dr. Joshua provides both general mental/behavioral health services, as well as sport and exercise psychology services. She aims to help you optimize your performance and maximize life satisfaction and encourages the adoption and maintenance of healthy lifestyle behaviors for total health and well-being.
As a Licensed Psychologist in North Carolina and a Certified Consultant through the Association for Applied Sport Psychology, Dr. Joshua’s training with clinical issues, background in performance excellence, and understanding of sport and exercise experiences are a unique combination of assets. She is both a former Division I athlete and team captain who understands the pressures and joys of high level athletic participation and a current recreational athlete who understands the challenges of balancing high personal standards with a busy professional and personal life.
Dr. Joshua provides services in a variety of formats, including in-office visits, walk-talk sessions, health and behavior interventions, and consultations with coaches and teams. Her approach is strengths-based, positive, and holistic. She most often uses cognitive-behavioral techniques to promote learning within a brief model.
Dr. Joshua has had the opportunity to work with hundreds of students and athletes at Duke University, Elon University, and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, as well as in her private practice in the Triangle area of North Carolina. She has served as a consultant for the North Carolina State University Athletics Department and is a provider on the North Carolina Problem Gabling Program registry. Dr. Joshua is also listed on the US Olympic Committee's Sport Psychology Registry.
- Adolescents and adults, from the non/new-exerciser to the elite athlete.
- Teams and professional organizations: High school, club, collegiate, and professional.
Common performance and health-related areas of concern:
- Performance excellence/mental skills training
- Exercise initiation and adherence
- Coping with injury or medical problems
- Life/sport transitions
- Body-image concerns, disordered eating, and eating disorders
- Weight management
- Stress management
- Identity development, including LGBT concerns
- Relationship problems
- Depression and anxiety
- Gambling problems
- Duke University - Professional Psychology Internship Program
- University of North Texas, Ph.D. Counseling Psychology, Sport Psychology Tract
- Springfield College, M.S. - Athletic Counseling
- Rutgers University, B.S. - Exercise Science & Psychology
- American Psychological Association- Member, Division 47, Sport Psychology.
- North Carolina Psychology Association
- Association for Applied Sport Psychology- Certified Consultant
- North Carolina Problem Gambling Program Provider Registry
$150 Clinical Intake; $120 Clinical Hour (50 min); $75 Brief Session (30 min)
Blue Cross-Blue Shield and MedCost insurance accepted. Claims will be filed for BCBS and MedCost insured.
Billing receipts and filing assistance provided to non-BCBS and non-MedCost insurees for out-of-network reimbursement. Clients are responsible for their own insurance filing.
Payment due at time of service. No-shows and cancellations less than 24 hours (excluding emergencies) will be billed at session rates.